The main characteristics of the specialty
Specialty 1-48 80 02 "Technology of silicate and refractory nonmetallic materials" refers to the education profile I "Engineering and technology", the education field 48 "Chemical industry" and allows to be awarded the master’s degree (Engineering).
Study is available at full-time (day-time) and correspondence courses.
Regulation term of higher education at the second stage at full-time is 1 year, study by correspondence - 1.5 years.
The spheres of professional activity of the master’s degree graduates.
The main professional areas of master's degree graduates are the production of chemical and other non-metallic mineral products ( production technology of lime, cement, gypsum, glass, ceramic, silicate bricks, cellular concrete, dry building mixtures, cement concrete and reinforced concrete), and research work in the field of higher education according to the regulations.
After graduation of the master's degree course graduates can work at enterprises, design organizations, professional institutes, institutions of higher education.
The disciplines for study:
The state component:
- Philosophy and methodology of science
- Foreign language
- Basics of information technology
- Pedagogy and psychology of higher school
- Advanced technologies and materials of the engineering and construction purposes on the basis of silicate and refractory non-metallic compounds
Component of higher education institution
- (Department of technology of glass and ceramics)
- Basic techniques and methodologies of synthesis and investigation of inorganic materials
- Environmental concerns of the production of silicate materials and products
- Composite silicate materials and products
- (Department of chemical technology of binding materials)
- Physico-chemical basics of building materials
- Environmental concerns of the production of binding and building materials on their base
- Energy saving in the production of binding and building materials on their base.
A master's degree graduate can continue education.
The graduate will be trained to continue the educational program of the postgraduate in the following specialties:
05.17.01 – Technology of inorganic substances
05.17.11 – Technology of silicate and refractory non-metallic materials.